Pinterest CEO, Ben Silbermann, is a famously private person, however he recently sat down for an interview with Sara Wilson of the Huffington Post.
Here are a few of the highlights from the interview:
- Pinterest founder, Ben Silbermann, was born in Iowa.
- Ben Silbermann previously worked at Google.
- Pinterest officially launced in March 2010 and by June 2010 only had a few thousand users. In 2012, Pinterest has over 10 million users.
- The majority of Pinterest users are women. Pinterest didn’t plan it like this. It just kind of happened.
- The current Pinterest staff consists of about 80 people, and they’re based in San Francisco. Their plans are to expand to 250-300 people.
According to a recent LA Times article, Pinterest received about 27 million unique visitors to its site in October 2012, and is valued at approximately $1.5 billion.
Not too shabby for a company that wasn’t even around 3 years ago.
To read the full interview with Ben Silbermann, please visit:
Ben Silbermann, Pinterest Founder And CEO, Talks Criticism, Fears